Sunday, April 03, 2011

Home Stretch - Life Drawing

The last month of school has arrived! And with that, of course, come plenty of deadlines. I've been slacking blog-wise lately, so this week I'm going to try to work my way through everything that's been keeping me busy!

To kick things off, here are a couple of my most recent life drawings from class.

Special thanks to Steve and Jamie for being my lovely model boys! They've been collaborating on a single sheet of paper for several weeks, so I decided to switch it up and paint them instead of the actual life model. Ignore their real life shirt colours; black became blue, blue became burgundy.

Another life drawing from a few weeks ago. Excuse the terrible photo quality, I haven't gotten a chance to get it out into proper lighting for a good photo yet.

And a happy little sketchbook man that is apparently Sean, though I don't remember why.

4 comments:

Jori Bolton said...

I love that painting! You really captured mood and motion in it! Great shirts.

Jori Bolton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taryn said...

These look great, Rachel! Really digging your stuff lately!

Rachel said...

thanks guys!