I painted this in water-soluble oils on masonite board, and then brought it into the computer and digitally added linework and made adjustments.
I've come to realize that when working with oils, scanning just doesn't cut it. Special thanks to my brother Jason Idzerda for the use of his fancy camera skills; the photo picked up the look of the original painting so much better! Not the most efficient process for a piece, but satisfying in the end.
![]() |



4 comments:
This piece is awesome. The depth of the hazy background and the crisp foreground works really well, too.
Rachel- I really love this piece! Its gorgeous. You should sell prints! Or.. use this as a promo? I love it.
Thanks, guys! I wasn't sure how I felt about it initially but I think it's growing on me!
Yowza!! That really is a huge difference between the scan and the photo. Crazy sauce. That's great for the whole "still-wet" issue. Thanks for posting it!
Post a Comment